The team at th+a seeks opportunities to improve the lives of others. We accomplish this through our design of the environment and support of social justice initiatives in an ongoing determination to enhance the wellbeing of our society.
To further our mission, we seek a talented Interior Designer whom will be instrumental in helping us create dynamic spaces that help kids learn and patients heal. As a member of our firm’s Design Team, you will be responsible for actively shaping our image through your pursuits of quality and coherence with each project.
As an Interior Designer, you will be surrounded by a diverse, talented team. You will gain access to a wealth of knowledge and proficiency from experienced mentors while striving to become a leader in our interiors department. You’ll enjoy creative control of the interior design of projects from schematic design through design development and construction documents. We will look to you for design ideas, team support, and expect you to be up to date on the latest trends in the industry. We offer competitive compensation, a great benefit package and an empowering work environment.
Building a unique th+a brand.
Collaboration with Design Team.
Production of Drawings and Presentation Material.
Furniture selection and procurement.
Casework and Millwork Design.
Materials Library Curation.
Polished Presentation Skills
Effective and Collaborative worker
Fun and flexible personality with the drive to become a Leader at th+a
Competent with Revit
Full Time with Half-Day Fridays
Competetive PTO, Annual Holidays, Additional Office Holidays
Education Practice Leader
Job Description & Responsibilities
t. howard & associates architects, inc. (th+a) has served DFW with beautiful buildings that also dot the national landscape. As our firm continues to grow, so does our need for skilled and passionate industry leaders who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in design’s ability to elevate the human experience.
We have an immediate opening for an Education Practice Leader with a minimum of (10) years of
In this senior level position reporting directly to the President of the firm, this person will manage the
direction and strategic growth of the education practice. This thought leader for th+a will be responsible for implementing the firm’s vision within the organization by helping establish protocol and procedures for the education studio as well as making sure our core tenants manifest themselves in our designs.
Externally, this individual will implement th+a’s vision by providing leadership in the community, the
profession, and the firm.
th+a is a company that recognizes opportunities to improve the lives of others through our design of the built environment, our social justice initiatives, and our search for opportunities to enhance the wellbeing of our society. The firm celebrating its' 20th anniversary this year, is a multidisciplinary firm focusing on working collaboratively to yield the best solutions for our clients. The firm believes strongly in a work/life balance. Success in this role will depend on the individual’s ability to represent these values and apply them both internally and externally of the firm. In addition, we expect that the candidate is capable of creating outstanding design solutions, providing great client service as well as actively mentoring junior staff.
Our salary ranges are competitive and we offer an excellent benefits package. Regular programming includes THAX knowledge exchange classes, weekly lunch and learns, and monthly employee appreciation events (such as our monthly Bring Your Dog to Work Day). Other benefits include base plus bonuses for projects with new and existing clients, flexible schedules, half day Friday’s, employee development programs including paid training, licensure reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching employer contributions and more.
Send your resume and condensed portfolio to email@example.com today and a brief paragraph of the requirements you fit.
Duties include but not limited to :
- Management of the education practice and studio team members
- Collaboration with practice leaders of studios within the firm to advance firm growth
- Maintaining relationships with current clients
- Oversee the production efforts of the studio in producing high quality design and
- documentation of educational projects
- Advance the firm’s reputation of delivering excellence in the educational sector
- Oversee the professional development of staff
- Participate in presentations, client meetings, and attend other public hearings/meetings
- A Bachelor’s Degree in architecture; MArch preferred
- Licensed to practice in the state of Texas
- Minimum 10 years of experience with focus in education (K-12; university work a plus)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of rendering software a plus
- Experience directing, mentoring, and coordinating work efforts of junior staff
- Demonstrated experience in managing all phases and aspects of a project
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and self-starting
- Occasional travel required
- Participation at industry conferences
All inquiries remain fully confidential.